- Technical Packages
- Wiping Film Evaporator
- Falling Film Absorber
- Sulphuric Acid Concentration System
- Bromine Recovery
- Anhydrous HCL Gas Generator
- Continuous Distillation System
- Solvent Recovery
- Rotating Disc Extraction Column
- Precious Metal Refining
- Nitric Acid Purification System
- HCL Purification System
View our brochure for an easy to understand the detail of the product.
Efficient gas absorption depends on the following:
- Intimate contact
- Efficient Heat Transfer
This is achieved in a Falling Film Absorber which is essentially a shell & tube heat exchanger in which both gas to be absorbed and absorbing liquid flow co-currently downward with extraction of heat by circulation of coolant in the shell. The abssorbing liquid is circulated through a tank till desired concentration is achieved. The liquid flows at such a rate that the tubes do not flow full of the liquid but instead, descends by gravity along the inner walls of the tubes as a thin film. Obviously, this produces a much greater linear velocity for a giver rate flow than could be obtained if the tube flowed full.
The equipment works as a number of water cooled-wall columns in parallel and each tube is provided with distribution system on top to effect uniform distribution of both liquid and gas and also formation of a thin liquid film on the inner surface of the tube.
- The heat of absorption is continuously removed. This ensures better absorption and product concentration as compared with conventional packed tower.
- Low residence time and operating temperature ideally suited to heat sensitive materials.
- Borosilicate glass and PTFE contact parts ensure corrosion/ contamination free operation.
- Both standard and custom built units are available.
- Capable of operating from zero to maximum gas flow rate.
- Ease of installation due to light weight.
- Trouble free and consistent performance with minimal attention.
- Wide application e.g. HCl, HBr, NH3, SO2, H2S, Br2 etc.
- Less cost.
- Negligible pressure drop compared to conventional columns.
- Compact design Sleek and slender.
- Both heat and mass transfer operations are incorporated in a single equipment.
- Very high heat transfer coefficient as the liquid falls instead of flowing.
- Scaling of process fluid is minimal due to high velocity and ease of cleaning by simple acid circulation.
- Hot conditions are eliminated at all stages namely pipe, tanks and pumps etc.
- Not recommended for gases containing high proportion of inert (insoluble).
- Not applicable if the gases are not highly soluble.
|Sr. No.||Nominal Size (mm)||Absorber Area (m2)||No. Of Tubes/Tube OD (mm)||Max. Gas Absorption Rate (Pure HCL)* (Kg/hr)||Max. Acid Prod. Rate (As 30% HCL)( Kg/hr)||Height (m)|